I’ve made it perfectly clear that 2018 would be a year of changes and that I would work hard on being a happy person. If you were a blogger between 2011 and 2014, you probably remember a very cool thing called RAK, or Random Acts of Kindness. Two bloggers from a blog called Book Soulmates used to arrange this very cool thing in which we’d sign up every month and we could gift a book (or two) to a random blogger, as well as receive a book. It was awesome, I’ve gifted some books, and received some books, and I remember it used to make me very happy. So, without further ado, let me introduce you all to…
For those not familiar with this, let me explain a little bit. Since February is the month of Love (Valentine’s day, and all), I thought it would be perfect to launch Kind Hearts just in time. Every month, you have the chance to gift something to a random blogger. However, it is not just about books! We all have other hobbies or interests and, as Mind Reader 2.0 is not just a book blog, I thought I’d expand it to everything else as well.
If you think this is awesome, please sign-up here. There will be no signing-up every month, you only join once, and you’ll be on the list! To make this a little bit fair, the list of participants will only be visible to those who have filled the sign-up form.
A few notes:
- By no means you should fill obligated to gift the person you have received a gift from. The same goes for those who decide to give a gift. Please do not expect to receive something just because you are giving something. The whole point is to be a Kind Heart and be selfless.
- The list of participants is available to look at here. However, you will only be able to see it if you have signed-up to be a Kind Heart.
- If you decide to give someone a gift, just email the person directly. Their email address will be visible in the list. If you are gifting an electronic copy or a gift card from Amazon, make sure that the recipient is from the same country as yours! (eg. if you are in USA and want to gift a Kindle ebook to someone in UK, you will need to have an account on Amazon UK and you can only give giftcards, otherwise the recipient won’t be able to redeem your gift)
- If you have received something, please contact me and let me know, so that I can update the list accordingly. Just let me know your number on the list, and the number of times you have been gifted. Should you receive a gift from more than one person, then the number of times gifted will vary depending on how many people have decided to send you a gift.
- You are welcome to use the above banner for your own Kind Hearts post, or you can make one that fits the style of your blog. I don’t mind at all, as long as you link the feature back to Mind Reader 2.0.
- You are also more than welcome to promote this on social media using the hashtag #MRKindHearts.
- Books can be gifted through Book Depository (free shipping, peeps!). For other items, I recommend Society6 and Etsy, however, you are free to shop anywhere you like!
Just remember, this is open to everyone internationally, and if you have any questions, just contact me. 🙂
Join the squad and be a KIND HEART ❤!